- Segment the customer database according to
- the business sector each contact is in
- their relationship with and value to your business
This will enable you to
2.Target emailers to specific audiences.
3.Each mailer can then be bespoke to each specific audience/recipient. One basic message can be worked and reworked so that it is relevant to the target audience.
- Make the email content friendly, informal and informative. The end user should feel they’ve “got something out of” your email.
- DON’T TRY TO SELL!
- Don’t expect 1 mailer to persuade people to buy. Have a programme of follow-on mailers ready to go.
- Keep at it! (Rome wasn’t built in a day)
PS. Send for the free guide “How to do successful email and direct mailer campaigns” This free guide offers some tips and techniques to help you create and issue more effective and profitable emails and direct mailing campaigns.
COMMENTS: Patrick Yuen, Small Business Accountant, Sidney, Australia -Great tips. Thanks for sharing.