According to one recent online survey, this is what most people think about unsolicited emails…
- Email is mostly spam. I hate spam.
- I don’t read anything from people I don’t know
- I’m afraid to open mail from unsolicited sources in case it releases a virus into my computer
- Email is a form of intrusive cold calling. There’s no escape from it
- I’ve tried email marketing and it failed
- Social media, not email, is the way forward
- No-one reads our emails and we spend a fortune having them designed and sent. So, obviously, email campaigns don’t work.
Meanwhile, from the sender side, we hear
- Email is a great channel to find new customers.
- We mainly use email to retain clients
- Our mailer strategy gives us the highest return on investment of our marketing.
So… who’s right?
PS. Send for our free guide: “How to do successful email and direct mailer campaigns”
P.P.S. If you enjoyed this article, you might also enjoy:
FAQ: Can you guarantee our PR will be used?